NEBOSH Courses, IOSH Courses, Health & Safety Training & First Aid Courses
Wed, 14 Feb|
Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment -1.5 days
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification is specifically designed to provide Learners with the knowledge and skills required to conduct risk assessments in low risk premises. The course runs form 9 am to 5 pm on day 1 and from 9 am until mid-morning on day 2.
Time & Location
14 Feb 2018, 09:00 – 15 Feb 2018, 17:00
Colchester, Great Wenham, Colchester CO7 6PX
About The Course
During this 1.5 day course, Learners will develop their knowledge of risk assessment processes so that they can apply their knowledge and skills when completing risk assessments in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- The principles involved in risk assessment and the relationship between hazard and risk as part of an accident and ill health strategy.
This course benefits learners by developing their understanding of:
- The main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health.
- The moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work.
- Key terms associated with risk assessment.
- The role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention.
- The legal requirements for risk assessment.
- The process for undertaking a risk assessment.
- Occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work.
- How to prioritise risks; and the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment.
The end of course assessments include a multiple choice question Paper and a practical risk assessment assignment based which is on the learners own workplace but is carried out during the course.
No of Places
Prices include VAT