Mon, 12 Feb | Colchester
Level 3 First Aid at Work -2 days
The aim of the First Aid at Work qualification is to enable learners to be able to act as a First Aider, to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including both Primary and Secondary Surveys, the prevention of conditions worsening and to help promote recovery.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
12 Feb 2018, 09:00 – 13 Feb 2018, 17:00
Colchester, Great Wenham, Colchester CO7 6PX, UK
About The Course
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to provide First Aid at Work and administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries.
- Chest injuries.
- Burns and scalds.
- Eye injuries.
- Sudden poisoning.
- Anaphylactic shock.
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles of First Aid at Work.
- The importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures.
- The legal framework for first aid provision at work.
- The use of first aid equipment provided in the workplace.
The qualification is assessed as set out below:
- Continual assessment by the tutor on the treatment of wounds, injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out CPR on an adult manikin.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out first aid for a work place emergency situation.
- Completion of a Theory Examination Paper to the satisfaction of the course tutor.
No of Places
- Price includes VAT£288£2880£0