top of page
NEBOSH Courses, IOSH Courses, Health & Safety Training & First Aid Courses
Mon, 12 Mar|
Level 3 First Aid at Work -2 days
The aim of the First Aid at Work qualification is to enable learners to be able to act as a First Aider, to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including both Primary and Secondary Surveys, the prevention of conditions worsening and to help promote recovery.
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
12 Mar 2018, 09:00 – 13 Mar 2018, 17:00
Gütersloh, Masergh Barracks
About The Course
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to provide First Aid at Work and administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries.
- Chest injuries.
- Burns and scalds.
- Eye injuries.
- Sudden poisoning.
- Anaphylactic shock.
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles of First Aid at Work.
- The importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures.
- The legal framework for first aid provision at work.
- The use of first aid equipment provided in the workplace.
The qualification is assessed as set out below:
- Continual assessment by the tutor on the treatment of wounds, injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out CPR on an adult manikin.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty.
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out first aid for a work place emergency situation.
- Completion of a Theory Examination Paper to the satisfaction of the course tutor.
No of Places
Price includes VAT
bottom of page